July has a been a big month for Bierkast. Great new articles, talented veteran & guest writers, more traffic, and more beer in the news. Thank you everyone for supporting and contributing. As we head in to August, let’s take a look back at July’s highlights.
Women of Craft Beer
July’s has been a great month for the Women of Craft Beer. Check out the latest guest writers and learn how they are working to make LA a better place for Craft Beer.
- Ashley Todd – Angel City Brewing – Angel City’s Ashley Todd
- Teri Fahrendorf – Pink Boot’s Society – Birth of a Beer Community
- Jessica Christensen – City Tavern – A Beer-Centric Chef
- Ting Su – Eagle Rock Brewery – A Little Dose of Estrogen Makes the Beer Taste Better
Craft Beer Industry
Learn about brewing Los Angeles Ale Works’ first batch, Pipe Dream Brewing’s start up, the First LA Craft Beer Bloggers Summit, and a veteran LA beer writer with his only personal beer paradise in West LA.
- Los Angeles Ale Works – Brew Day at Inland Empire Brewing Company
- Pipe Dream Brewery – Start up brewery with the coolest high tech pilot system ever
- Los Angeles Craft Beer Bloggers Summit – LA’s beer writers get together for a chance to meet, great, and collaborate
- Los Angeles Craft Beer Bloggers Summit – Recap
- Tomm Carroll & The Trux Stop – Veteran writer for the Celebrator and his beer bar
Brewery Tours, Events, Travel, and Craft Beer reviews – There has a been a lot going on in the Bierkast community. Learn about events you’ll want to go to next year, ones coming up you wont want to miss, and the breweries you’ll want to put on the “to-do” list.
- Beachwood BBQ First Anniversary – Celebrating 1 year at Library Ale House in Santa Monica
- Brew at the LA Zoo – Announcement
- KEBO – The one handed bottle opener
- Five in Five – Orange Country Brew Tour
- I & I Brewing – Chino’s Nano Brewery
- BloomfestLA – Festival in the arts district
- Craft Beer Tasting – Friday happy hour with a Seizeon by Logsdon Organic Farmhouse Ales
- Sagas & Suds – Beers of Iceland
- BAM Fest 2012 – Beer, Art, and Mustic Festival Announcement
- Craft Distilleries – Woodinville Whiskey Co
- Let the Games Begin – Beer in the Olympics
Drinking is serious work, but so is the process of making the greatest beverage in the world. From Bierkast’s first barrel project to the events of the Pacific Gravity Home Brewers Club – check out these articles.
- The Barrel Project – Barrel Aged Roggenbock – Whiskey Barrel from Bainbridge Organic
- Pacific Gravity’s Oktoberfest – Summer Party